Thursday, April 21, 2016

Swoon Thursday (#169): Gifted by H.A. Swain

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Gifted by H.A. Swain!


My whole body feels liquid and warm. Slowly a smile spreads over my face. I crawl toward him as he yammers on but I'm not really listening to his words, only to the sound of his voice, which is a melody I want to sing. I am overwhelmed by his kindness and his belief in me...[]... Its as if Aimery/Orpheus and I have tiny magnets in our bellies pulling us together. He stops talking, mid-sentence, something about confessing more. Then he blinks at me with eyes wide and uncertain as I loom up into his face. I find the notes. I sing his song and then press my lips against his and we both him, our voices in perfect harmony.

- ARC, page 237


I love this kiss! It's both metaphorical and literal, with the singing references. I spliced the scene just a little, to avoid spoilers. Orpheus (who is also called Aimery) and Zimri are such a sweet couple!

10 comments:

  1. Omg that last sentence!! I was probably reading the excerpt with a giddy Emily on my face and lovey eyes haha I want this book!! I'm so adding it to my goodreads TBR. I'm glad you reviewed it otherwise, I wouldn't have known this early on about it since I haven't seen anyone else read it.
    Genesis @ Latte Nights Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I hope you get a chance to read it, Genesis! I could see you really liking it. I personally haven't seen any reviews or buzz for this one either, which makes me sad. :o

      Delete
  2. What a sweet kiss! I tend to do that, kiss the hubby as he is droning on and on.

    My Swoon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA! Angela, you are my real-life hero. :D

      Delete
  3. Aww what a really sweet swoon scene Alyssa I absolutely love it! Thank you for your awesome post my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, awesome post Alyssa :D Not sure I like the writing of the swoon, but still pretty. <3 Thank you for sharing sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!