Thursday, March 6, 2014

Swoon Thursday (#58): Gilded by Christina Farley

Swoon Thursday is a hot meme hosted by the fabulous ladies at YA Bound!


- From the book you’re currently reading, or one you just finished, tell us what made you SWOON. What got your heart pounding, your skin tingling, and your stomach fluttering

- Try to make the swoon excerpt 140 characters (or less), if you are going to tweet about it. Use the hashtag #YABOUND when tweeting


This week, my swoon is from Gilded by Christina Farley!


Marc moves his body so he’s facing me. His lips are so close I can’t stop imagining how easily he could pull me into his arms. 

“I saw an amazing girl standing up to a warrior. A girl who transformed into a bird and escaped. Don’t tell me that isn’t something.” 

I want to believe Marc. I reach for him, his skin burning against my palms. Our lips meet, breathless. His lips are soft, tender, and I’ve lost control. Sinking into his kisses. Drinking in his smell and touch. I trail my hands from his face down to his shoulders and follow the line of his biceps. I draw him closer. So close until our bodies are practically one. 

Because I won’t lose this moment. This kiss. 

Haemosu can’t take this from me. 

I won’t let him.

- ARC, page 172





What do you all think? :)

19 comments:

  1. Great swoon. I haven't seen this book before. The covers quite interesting.

    My Swoon @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!! That's a great swoon! Love the fantasy side!!

    Here's My Swoon!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great swoon! I love how the kiss sparks her motivation to keep fighting. Love should always be like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to have romance in my books, no matter what genre it is. This one is a good swoon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing wrong with that, Nereyda! And I think so too ;)

      Delete
  5. Sigh...Very Romantic! I'm glad she won't let anyone take away her moment! Great Swoon Alyssa!

    Here's Mine:
    http://www.abookishescape.com/2014/03/swoon-thursday-58.html

    Lindy@ A Bookish Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love it. And sure as hell this is going to give her strength through some shit to come!
    Thanks for stepping by and sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I mostly certainly agree ;D You're welcome!

      Delete
  7. That is a very pretty cover and that is such a good swoon. I love sweet tender moments like that, that get you ready for something more. Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, both are so fabulous! And that was the key to the romance in this book - sweet, tender moments. Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Such a lovely swoon. I love that it's a timid kiss at first but builds from there. And I especially love the the fact that she wants to fight for the kiss and not let anyone take their moment away from them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! And I think this swoon is almost symbolic, in that sense.

      Delete
  9. Great great swoon! I loved it. Another book to add to my TBR list.

    Check out our special edition Swoon

    Daisel @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I haven't heard of this one before, but I'm definitely adding it to my TBR pile now!

    Here's My Swoon Thursday

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! I will always try and reply to your comments, as well as leave some comment love on your blog! :)

Also, this an award and tag free blog. While I am flattered that you would think of me, I really do not have the time to follow up. Thank you!